Sunday, February 5, 2017

Where I'm at

I figured I should finally post to the blog...so here's where I'm at. I decided which albums I'm going to definitely include in my work. I have one more to scan in. I have two more to pull thumbnails from. I have to finish indexing all 5 of them.

I spoke with my Grandpa on the phone today and sort of interviewed/talked with him. I got about an hour and a half of recording his stories and memories. I'm still figuring out what to do with this information. But I plan on speaking with him one more time and with my dad as well.

I made this image because I just wanted to do something with some of the information. One of my grandpa's stories was about how he got away with not being drafted into the Vietnam war because he was getting married, and then because he was having a baby (my dad.) So I took the last line of that story that sort of summed it up, and some sections of their wedding photos and laid them out.

So, I'm working, but here's a little something to look at at least.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing this fragment is a clue into what you might be thinking. Having a conversation in class with a variety of iterations would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete